View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2022, 11:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
On the back of this I watched Cursed (2005) last night. A werewolf movie by Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson (Scream) and... Rick Baker on special effects! Exact same problem. Why hire this guy and use awful cgi.

The movie itself I figured wasn't gonna be great but one of the only Wes' movies I never saw. It seems to recreate Scream quite a bit with an early slaying of one of its star power actors and a few other things I won't spoil.

I wasn't bored but I doubt I'll ever watch it again. A curiosity if you're a fan of Wes Craven (who isn't).
Weirdly, my understanding is that despite being credited to Rick Baker, the practical werewolf effects in Cursed were actually done by KNB. Baker left the project (he may have even been sacked by the Weinsteins) after Miramax decided that they were unhappy with the film's direction after two thirds of it had already been shot. It was also the Weinsteins that later decided that they wanted cgi work appearing in the film. I haven't seen it for a long time but I recall that the rewritten and reshot version is quite underwhelming. I'm sure that the originally planned version of Cursed would have been much better!