View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2022, 08:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
From Beyond (1986)

The ever so slightly crazed Dr. Pretorius (We know this because he has a bondage dungeon in his house) has invented a machine called the Resonator which taps into the pineal gland and produces intense pleasure and also shows the recipient creatures from another dimension. When he ends up with his head bitten off and assistant Jeffrey Combs becomes the main suspect, Barbara Crampton's psychiatric doctor begins an investigation to find out exactly what happened.

Produced by Brian Yuzna and directed by Stuart Gordon, From Beyond is a prime example of eighties gloopy horror, a film bursting with gooey effects and horrific visuals with memorable if overwrought performances from Combs, Crampton, Ken Foree and Ted Sorel as the screwed up Pretorius.

Loosely based on the short story of the same name by H. P. Lovecraft, From Beyond shows it's inter dimensional beings through what can only be described as an eighties horror synthesizer light show with weird fish like creatures floating in the air, although it's so very much of it's time it's also totally brilliant with it.

The Second Sight Blu-ray is simply a joy to watch. A visual feast for the eyes and i heartily recommend it whilst it's currently at the low (for Second Sight) price of £9.99. A stunning release.
I remember that picture in the centre of a Video Shop Magazine back in the day.

Kinda scared me at the time lol, this and Hellraiser