View Single Post
Old 25th March 2022, 09:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

High-Rise. 2015.

Dr. Laing, tries to settle in at a new tower block, soon the residents lives begin to go out of control.

After reading the book (which took me 2 and half hours to get through) I was eager to see how the film was in comparison to the source novel. The novel itself is dark, grim, dramatic and violent which is written down to a T, the film has toned down a lot of the violence, added in some more drama and intentionally (or Unintentionally) added in a bit of comedy, where would you see Jeremy Irons saying "Et Tu" to a dog?

Right at the start we see the dystopian carnage with Laing describing what has happened, then goes back three months earlier where everything is more peaceful and settled before all hell breaks loose. The acting is brilliant from everyone involved. The cinematography is done greatly except when a riot breaks out in the supermarket that makes it feel like a P.O.V. film. This was enjoyable and like the novel there is some violence towards animals, it is not shown graphic but we do see the end results.

MV5BMjM3MjM4NzMwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ4MjUzODE@._V1_QL75_UX190_CR0,0,190,281_.jpg