View Single Post
Old 18th April 2022, 09:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw Spiderman: No Way Home last night (rented it on YT). A mixed bag. The downside of course is that I've never taken to Holland or this version of it, and the same applies to Garfield (though he's better than Holland). The upside of course is the return of the original Spiderman movieverse. Doc Ock doesn't really do that much, but as if in acknowledgement of the superiority of the Raimi trilogy, The Green Goblin is the main villain and Willem Dafoe is as effective and chilling as ever. The big draw of course was the return of the other Spidermen, and it's good that both get stuff to do and aren't just glorified cameos. The flipside of that is that while Tobey Maguire looks older, he doesn't look old, and you can't help but feel that he could still be the main Spiderman and have been for the last decade or so had they not thrown his series under a bus for no reason. On the whole it was okay, I managed to sit through its buttnumbing running time anyway, but while the nostalgiabait was fun, it did just remind me how much they screwed the pooch with this series.