View Single Post
Old 24th April 2022, 10:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

These Final Hours. 2013.

In 12 hours before a cataclysmic event will end life as we know it, James is on his way to all end party, along the way he rescues a small girl Rose searching for her father. With the burden and guilt he is forced to to go with what actually matters before time runs out.

Some apocalyptic films can be a hit or a miss for me but this one took me by surprise. Set in Australia Nathan Phillips plays James who seems to think for himself until he rescues Rose played by Angourie Rice and shows him that there is more to the end than a party. Both leads play their characters well and believable that two strangers can help and protect each other and never to late to change.

From the start there is sex and some harsh violence but isn't over done to the extreme that can shock us (machete and hammer attacks) and see it for a brief few seconds. The cinematography can seem a bit amateurish and shaky in some scenes that lasts a few seconds and a nice haunting background score by Cornel Wilczek. Worth a watch.

001_m.jpg