View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2022, 09:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Tournament

Every 7 years, the world's most elite Hitmen/Women have a sort of Battle Royale in a random city. Robert Carlyle is a drunken priest who gets caught in the middle. Very violent and most importantly, very enjoyable. It's a film that knows what it is and provides the viewer with what they want. There's a very small role for Scott Adkins, who if this was made a few years later, would have had one of the bigger roles.

Furry Vengeance

Family Comedy in which Brendon Fraser is a Developer Assistant who is under attack by the Animals who's home he's helping to destroy. It's zany and it's funny.

Cannonball Run

Very enjoyable Film which sees Burt Reynolds amongst others like Sammy Davis JR and Jackie Chan race across America. I thought that this may be a bit outdated however (Other than one possible remark) it isn't. It's also interesting that Golden Harvest and Media Asia were seemingly involved in an American production.

Nanny McPhee

Emma Thompson is the titular Nanny who looks after Colin Firth's naughty Children. Again another enjoyable Film with Angela Lansbury a riot as a very strict Great Aunt. Also the only Family Film I know with a U Certificate to have the word incest in it lol.

Jackass Forever

More of the same really only with more people involved. the non gross out stunts are funny but I had hoped that it would feature the original cast looking back at things throughout instead of mentions. Blu-Ray looked great but wished that the additional scenes on the Extras had a Play All option instead of going back the Chapters.

Intern

Robert De Niro is an Intern to Anne Hathaway's Internet Company. Initially the fish out of water, he becomes her most trusted confidant and advisor the rest of the team. Rene Russo co-stars in a Film that is a very easy watch however I wished that they didn't go in the direction of Hathaway's Husband having an affair, completely unnecessary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t.jpg (13.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg fv.jpg (11.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ca.jpg (11.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg nm.jpg (17.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg jf.jpg (10.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg i.jpg (12.2 KB, 4 views)