View Single Post
Old 7th May 2022, 03:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I’m glad you enjoyed it, I really quite liked it as well when I watched it and I’m looking forward to a rewatch.

Having watched all 5 in succession, is the 3rd instalment still the low point? I watched the original 3 late last year on iTunes and because I couldn’t be bothered to look for Scream 4 in my boxes I skipped it and went straight to 5 lol… it’s been years since I watched that one.
It's difficult to rank them i think.

I did until yesterday think Scream the original was comfortably the best, although that could be because i saw it at the cinema and that opening ten minutes was like nothing i'd ever seen before. It does tend to go downhill a bit after that.

I used to think the second film was the low point but really enjoyed that on Tuesday. Courtney with her red streaks Mmmm! The third film i've always enjoyed but i didn't think that stood up as well when you watch them consecutively.

Scream 4 was largely very good too, however i think this new one as a whole film with the storyline, superior acting and genuinely at times touching script made me think it was probably the best.

Really i guess only time will tell. That first film is 25 years old and still incredibly entertaining, will Scream (2022) have that longevity? Who knows?

None of them are awful by any means.