Old 18th May 2022, 10:28 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 240242 Attachment 240243
DAREDEVIL DIRECTORS CUT (2003) ELEKTRA DIRECTORS CUT (2005)

A step back in time to to two Marvel movies that seem mostly forgotten now with the MCU movies taken over. People seem to forget that these movies along with movies like BLADE, GHOST RIDER, THE PUNISHER etc..
were the start of the franchise.. and X-MEN.
Both DAREDEVIL and ELEKTRA in thier directors cut editions are far better than their theatrical cut versions. DAREDEVIL being a big 30mins extra, removing scenes from the theatrical cut and adding extra scenes to give more scope to the movie. ELEKTRA has only about 3mins extra but the inserted moments add a bit more to her character.
Good to watch again and I enjoyed both movies as it has been many years since I last watched these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Give me these two, especially the superb Daredevil - Bullseye in the bar -wow! "Top O' the Morning to Ya" - One of my favourite scenes in a superhero film- over the majority of Marvel and DC films from the last fifteen years.
I'd much rather watch the recent Daredevil Marvel TV series – with the benefit of longform storytelling, it does a better job of developing the characters, criminal enterprises, and the city than the films.

I don't think either film is particularly good but, as Dave Boy said, the extended versions – particularly of Daredevil are superior to the theatrical cuts.