View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Violent City (1970)

This Italian made film has a great opening twenty minutes and an inspired last five minutes. Unfortunately despite boasting the acting talents of Charles Bronson, Jill Ireland and Telly Savalas there isn't much inbetween in the way of entertainment.

The script seems a little laboured with nothing much for anyone to do. Fifteen minutes at a race track is mind numbing. For me the standout is Jill Ireland, she's not a favourite of mine and i usually cringe when it comes to watching her American thrillers with Bronson - her hubby. She has a meaty role in this and reminds me of Barbara Bouchet in many scenes.

The films main plus point is its opening car chase in the Virgin Islands. Its as tense and well filmed as any from its time. Its great to watch cars causing chaos without any CGI.

I wish i'd remembered how uninteresting this was before shelling out eighteen quid on the 88 Films Blu-ray.

I'll give the considerably shorter American cut of the film titled The Family a go before getting rid as losing twenty minutes is probably a great help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CittÃ*_violenta.jpg (10.9 KB, 4 views)