View Single Post
Old 7th July 2022, 08:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BNzAxN2Q0MTUtNWI4Yi00YjRiLWI2NjAtMTg3NTdiYjQ2NGVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

As a child Gregory witnesses the murder of the Ice Cream king in front of all the kids waiting for their summary threat. Traumatised by this Gregory spends he youth in a mental hospital and on his release he reopens the old ice cream factory with a mission to make ever child's day a good day. When kids start going missing a small group of kids turn their attention to Gregory but the adults don't believe a word of it.

Pretty goofy film with some pretty bizarre stuff going on at times and more than its fair share of pointlessness especially the two cops investigating the missing kids. Jan-Michael Vincent just phones in his performance as one of the cops he literally just stands in the background looking bored i know he had a lot of medical issues later on life im not sure if it was during this time and he just needed a pay cheque. Most of the kills are cut away to a blood splatter but the after effects are fun and creative like head on a cone

It looks like they were going for a sort of a comedy horror or maybe there weren't thats just how it came out not that i found it funny barring one or two one liners from Clint Howard. If you stick with it the film greatly improves in the last half an hour where the ice cream man finally cracks and starts to have a lot of fun its like Clint was able to throw off the shackles from the first hour of the film to do whatever he wanted.

One thing thats totally bizarre about this film is the kid Tuna everyone keeps calling him fat but they just have him in some sort of fat torso suit why they didnt just hire an actual fat kid is beyond me

You have to love Clint Howard always entertaining and he is the image of my neighbour only problem is its a woman

Decent film fun last half hour.