View Single Post
Old 10th July 2022, 09:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 240994

Ten years after he witnesses his brother get murdered in Thailand Jake is back to avenge his brothers death. Jake is now a cop and is on an undercover mission to bring down an organisation making kung fu snuff films. Haunted by the memories if what happened to his brother at first he turns down the case but after watching one of the films the man who killed his brother appears on screen and Jake knows the time has come to settle the score.

Holy shit the film is so hilariously bad the fights are decent enough but the acting is so shockingly bad the whole film is like an 80s arcade game with Jake looking like the hero in every single beat em up you ever played . He spends most of the film shouting in peoples faces while they try conduct a normal conversation and his constant overly dramatic screams of anguish are just mind blowing . Then there is Billy Blanks matching Loren Avedon every step of the way for crown of worse actor in the film . Towards the end of the film they dont even bother remembering the main characters name and they start calling him Jack instead of Jake
Just to top it off the end of the film they throw in a few random explosions just so our hero can stand in front of the flames with his new gal in his arms

After all is said and done is this an entertaining film? Hell yeah it is it never gets boring at any stage well worth watching if you need a good laugh.

Recommended if your in that sort of mood
So love this Film, watched it many times:

I remember on my 15th Birthday. I got 20 quid (A lot of money back in those days) and I remember on a Saturday back in 95 in November, I got Dance Mania 95 (Had many of the biggest Dance Hits of that year) instead of Shine 3 (Yes I remember) and picked up the 4 Front Video (Oh the memories of them and Cinema Club) of King Of The Kickboxers for 6.

Many years later whilst browsing the HMV DVD Racks, I notice that Universal had released a DVD for the same price (Weird) so obviously I bought it however the picture was poorer (For a DVD) I've looked for a Blu-Ray but it's only under German Import under the title Karate Tiger 6 (Can't buy it due to the disrespect lol) 88, anyone, a UK release would be very much appreciated.

Anyway when I watched the DVD, I noticed that there was an extended scene, this was where they were shooting a Film in the Garage and the DVD showed a cover being pulled off and revealing a dead, bloody, naked Woman an Blanks placing the guy on the hook. The VHS cut off that scene at where Blanks bashed the head on the table.

The Movie that Avedon watched (At least the talking was from No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers which starred Avedon and a couple other actors from King Of The Kickboxers.

Also Avedon and the Actress apparently couldn't stand each other.

Billy Blanks does make a convincing Villain.