View Single Post
Old 13th July 2022, 03:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
The Film which introduced me to Jean-Claude Van Dam me and one of my best blind buys ever. I'm actually amazed that I didn't wear out my VHS of it.

Amazing Soundtrack and delivers vast amounts of Fighting Action along with Van Damne being chased all over Hong Kong by a future Oscar Best Actor.

Took me a while to realize that the guy who's Leg was broken by Chong Li was Michel Qussi, who played Tong Po in Kickboxer I & II

Needless to say a Extra packed UK Blu-Ray is too long overdue. it's 35 years old next year.

Bloodport 4 is better than III but it's not essential like Kickboxer III. Daniel Bernhardt is in but playing a different characters, weird.

Anyway if you are currently into American Martial Arts Films allow me to recommend some favourites of mine:

The Cage 1 & 2, which stars Lou Ferigno and Reb Brown.

Shootfighter, this has Bolo Young starring as a good guy and Karate Kid Reunion of William Zabka and Marin Love. Shootfighter 2 and Enter The Shootfighter were ok.

Ring Of Fire & Rage: Ring Of Fire 2, stars Don "The Dragon" Wilson (Still love his Films,) story of warring L.A. Kickboxing Gangs.

Showdown, modern retelling of The Karate Kid starring Billy Blanks.

If you are into Swordfighting Films, I recommend, Ring Of Steel, American Samurai (David Bradley) and Gladiator Cop.

Disclaimer, these Films weren't win any Best Actor/Script Awards but they do the job as advertised.

A quality in Films I hold quite dear
Will get them checked out if I can, thank you very much