View Single Post
Old 17th July 2022, 09:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

A Few Good Men

Tom Cruise is the Navy Lawyer who has to get 2 Marines off a Murder charge, where he and his associates have to navigate the rules and codes of a Marine Unit in Cuba.

I first watched it when it came out for Rental and I was too young to appreciate it at the time (I believed that I got bored because there was no Action in it) but I got the VHS on a Birthday and I thought that it was so enthralling and entertaining, even though it was over 2 hours, it was done at a pace that I never got bored and after watching it again, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

It has a loaded Cast and had incredible performances, Jack Nicholson had about 3 scenes and got a Best Supporting Actor for the 93 Oscars. I just loved his facial expressions when Cruise was putting holes in his story.

Cabin In The Woods

On the premise, it looked liked a simple Horror Film (Which had a pre famous Chris Hemsworth) but it's one of the most well written, witty Films out there. Really don't need to say more about that scene in the Elevator and the releasing of The Creatures.

Really why have a Purge Button that just releases them?

Rage: Ring Of Fire II

Don "The Dragon" Wilson is back and after the events of the first Film, a truce and friendship between the 2 gangs has formed however after foiling a Bank Robbery, his Wife his abducted by the Gang Leader and he has to go underground to rescue her with the others arriving later.

Whilst Underground, he finds that there are several gangs (Each with a gimmick) down there which they have to fend off, the setting I found was a nice novel concept for a Film like this.

Again it ain't going to win any awards but I found it thoroughly entertaining as the first time I saw it.

For me, there's always a place for Films like this in my Collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg afgm.jpg (12.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg citw.jpg (11.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg rrofii.jpg (11.2 KB, 3 views)