View Single Post
Old 18th July 2022, 08:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Siege. 1998.

After the U.S. Military kidnap a leader of a terrorist group, New York City becomes a target area for a terrorist cell. The F.B.I. start investigating it until martial law is declared.

A film that goes on the "What If" scenario happens and how to deal with terrorism, fear and paranoia surrounding every person after a terrorist attack, even the exhaust of a bus giving out a bang can cause people to duck and cover which would be everyone's reaction.

Denzel Washington stars as the chief of the F.B.I counter terrorism unit along with Tony Shalhoub as his partner who is also a translator for the agency, Annette Bening stars as a government official trying to keep the peace with people of a Muslim community and also looking for the terrorist cell. Bruce Willis plays General Devereaux who is the advisor to the President and also has his own agenda to handling panic by creating more panic.

The film does deal with racism to the point it does hit home with a character in the film, the acting in this is done brilliantly even with Denzel feeling the effects of being close to a bomb going off. Right from the start the suspense is built up quickly to some good tense moments.

512E39F1JAL._SY445_.jpg