View Single Post
Old 8th August 2022, 08:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 9

I watched Prey yesterday and i not overly impressed the first 55 minutes dragged because like you said its not really establishing and sort of relationships or building any sort of intrigue just things cgi animals killing each other and people shit talking a woman.

When it got going after the 55 minute mark The Predator looks cool with the skull mask/helmet but too much cgi ruined it. They will be calling for an Oscar next for the leading lady from the praise im hearing of her performance but honestly there wasn't one stand out performance in this film not that i was expecting one but from the buzz in the internet i was expecting better.

The idea is great and i do love the setting but thats it i was left a little empty.
Yeah. It's not a "It's ruined the franchise!" film, but it's one I'll struggle to revisit. The first two are a great double-bill. The third is diverting nonsense you can put on if you still have time. The fourth film is a mess, but it borders on fascinating at times. But this one is empty with a nastiness that means I can't enjoy it as an easy time-waster.