View Single Post
Old 12th September 2022, 10:24 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I loved the first 3 seasons but season 4 started so bad i just lost interest most of the teenager scenes were embarrassing and too stupid for me totally ruined the good things the other seasons achieved.
I felt exactly the same about the fourth season of Cobra Kai Рit was like a soap opera or a clich̩-ridden karate equivalent of Glee with lots of cheesy dialogue and two-dimensional characters.

Like others have said, it was especially disappointing because the first couple of seasons were very enjoyable and welcome additions to the Karate Kid storylines.

I've just finished Watchmen, the nine-part HBO limited series and, just like the first time I watched it, thought it was an exceptional TV series. It's written and directed with one eye on the source material and another on contemporary life, and brought to life with exceptional visuals music, and brilliant performances by the ensemble cast.

Before then, I watched the first season of The Umbrella Academy. I watched it when it was first released on Netflix and hadn't seen it since then, so some of it seemed very familiar but other scenes oddly seemed fresh and surprising.

I really want to watch the second and third seasons (I've seen the second before) but don't have an active Netflix account, so I'll probably carry on watching things I've bought but haven't watched and reactivate my Netflix when I don't have so much to watch and catch up with everything I've missed and am trying to avoid spoilers: The Witcher season two, Stranger Things season four, The Sandman, Ozark season four, Better Call Saul season six, Rick and Morty season six, Archer seasons 11-13…

Meanwhile, I'm watching She-Hulk: Attorney at Law – I've really enjoyed the first four episodes – and began watching the first season of Rick and Morty again and will probably rewatch it afterwards with the commentaries. After that, I'll either go straight onto season two or watch either Daredevil: Season One or Mare of Easttown.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 12th September 2022 at 11:19 AM.