View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Halloween H20: 20 Years Later. 1998.

Laurie Strode now living in California under a different name and head teacher of a boarding school with her son battles it out with her brother one more time.

This one ignores the previous 3 films, Loomis is now dead (R.I.P both actor and character) and has a good start with Nurse Marion from the first and second movies with little neighbour Joseph Gordon-Levitt who probably never watched Scream and never knew the rules of a horror film. The acting is decent but why does Josh Hartnett wear a shirt that looks 2 sizes too big for him?

LL Cool J plays the security guard Ronnie who is a aspiring writer and likes to get his Mrs a bit hot then stops, what is it with horror movies and security guards getting killed...have they got something against us? The pace seems good then goes a bit slow and stop then back on track but has the good Carpenter score.
The score was one of the things i loved about this when i saw it at the pictures at the time.

I went to buy the soundtrack cd and found although he used parts of Carpenter's theme the rest of the soundtrack is by John Ottway.

I ended up not buying it because it was only on US import at HMV and was really expensive. We are talking the late 90's here when non-chart cd albums were considerably less than they are now