View Single Post
Old 6th October 2022, 08:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 5

6426635_orig.jpg

In the 22nd century Dr.Merchant a scienctist aboard his spaceship is trying to close the gateway to hell for ever after is ancestor knows as the toymaker created the puzzle box that unleashes hell on earth back in the 18th century. Pinhead and his cenobites are here to make sure he fails in his attempts to o block their passage to this world. But Dr.Merchant he created a reverse puzzle box.

I avoided all the the Hellraiser films made after III after hearing so many bad reviews but mostly down to my own ignorance well I thought it's time to try them out starting obviously with 4 surprisingly enough 😂

Anyway I was very pleasently surprised and really enjoyed the film for the most part. The acting was great for most of the film it was really just during the final part of the film where things started feeling cheap and cheesy when the space marines trying to take in Dr.Merchant on his ship. The cheesy one lines started and their acting was so wooden and false it just didn't fit in with the rest of the film lucky that was only the final 15 minutes and there was enough Pinhead action to keep you entertained and distracted from there shananigans. There is some great gore and some really fun and interesting kills and alot of hooks ripping flesh as you would expect I know the pain of a hook sticking into my flesh from fishing so I get a real appreciation of how painful a giant meathook ripping my face off might feel

Fun kills plenty of gore plenty of pinhead and an interesting story it's a win for me . Also a lesson learned I must take my head out of my ignorant ass a big more often