View Single Post
Old 9th October 2022, 08:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I'm not fully sure. A lot of old Japanese housing doesn't really stand against elements and earthquakes, and they are extremely difficult to set up modern piping and heating. I know here in Shikoku, I could get an old house for less than what I pay for my flat, but it would be a nightmare in winter and typhoon season.

I do know this - if a suicide or murder happens in a house or apartment, the value plummets. Even with that value gone, it is next to impossible for a real-estate agent to sell it to another prospective homeowner. So they usually offload it to a construction company, who will tear it down and build modern housing instead.

That makes sense as well, it’s probably a bit of both. Somewhere like Tokyo with how ever many million people live there at any one time there are bound to have been plenty of suicides or murders affecting the karma of a room. With so many apartments though that would be a bugger, you can’t tear down the whole block and rebuild.

I find Japanese cultural beliefs fascinating it’s so different to western culture.

Shikoku must be a lovely place to live, are you closer to the inland sea or the ocean? I’m looking forward to finally being able to get a travel visa again, should hopefully be in Japan next year My last visit was while Covid was unfolding but we still had a lovely visit, our trip from Osaka to Okayama to Onomichi to Hiroshima was the best part. We visited Naoshima too which was beautiful.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky