View Single Post
Old 10th October 2022, 08:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. 1989.

Our slasher awakens from his watery grave...again, and hops on board a boat full of graduate high schoolers, we know he loves those teens and how we love seeing the blood flow. Throughout the franchise, I have not been watching these back to back, did I miss something, when did Jason learn to sail a boat? Did he hoist anchor and let the current take him and hope for the best he arrives at a marina and hope for the best not to be seen leaving one boat and hopping on another?

As the 80s went on you always get that one teen who totally loves herself and tries to seduce the teacher to get high grades...that plan didn't work but at least she got a decent death, and of course new creative deaths in this even with the wannabe rock star and her guitar basically become one.

Jason takes Manhattan...or Jason goes to Manhattan, plenty people to kill but he is only after two people, smashing a door to a diner, the makers should have gave him a weapon of some sort and that would have been a perfect bloodbath scenario but no, take it the diner didn't have anything sharp or nothing to bludgeon anyone with. Still find it funny with the young boxer loosing his head that rolls down the roof top into the bin that the vibration of landing in it closes the lid I have always wanted to hate this entry but somehow I can't.

friday-the-13th-8-cover.jpg

Up Next Clive Barker's Book Of Blood.