View Single Post
Old 11th October 2022, 02:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

City Of The Living Dead. 1980.

A psychic and a reporter try to close the gates of hell after a priest commits suicide that caused them to open.

A film that was released by Vipco on VHS and piratically ruined it, Arrow Blu-Ray release made me love it. There is really no explanation on how the clergyman's death opens the gates but reporter Christopher George and Katriona MacColl race against time to find the grave of the fallen man and close the gates. I love a simple tale with a good dark atmosphere and the usual Fulci gore.

Sergio Salvati did a great job with the cinematography even with the empty streets that you know some shit will hit the fan and even when our stars and Carlo De Mejo are walking through the cemetery in a slight fog with Fabio Frizzi background score playing just gives it that tense moment that you get the feeling something is going to happen then you get a curve ball.

The gore is done the way we like with Giovanni Lombardo Radice meeting a power tool, future horror director Michele Soavi watching his date literary puke up her own guts while bleeding from the eyes, and cringe worth moment with our three stars and Janet Argen getting covered in maggots.

41S0176XWCL.jpg

Up next Sleepaway Camp 2