View Single Post
Old 11th October 2022, 01:21 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I cannot afford to even look at the sale until Tuesday at the earliest, so can I please respectfully ask everyone on the forum *NOT* to buy anything until then just in case you take the last copy of something that I might want

Thank you
OK people - I have looked at the sale, and made my choices, so you can resume your buying now

I ended up ordering:

WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME TWO - £21.99
THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T - £5:00
ROADGAMES - £5:00
BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING - £5:00
BLOODY NEW YEAR - £5.00

All of these titles are either complete blind buys or films that I have not seen in over 40 years

As Mr. Dike said a few posts ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
These sales are like hens teeth in comparison to say, Arrow, plus they have actually made some great reductions to most of their stock. When you consider Arrow think £8 is a reasonable sale price for a disc these genuinely are bargains.
£5:00 for a film is a nice sale price and I am more than willing to take a gamble on whether I will like it or not. Over the last year, I have bought exactly one arrow film, and that was the limited edition 3-disc Video Nasty version of 'Don't Go In The House'. If their prices were more reasonable, I would certainly have got more, but in my current position, I am not able to spend a lot of money on a film I do not know

£5:00 is about the same that I would would spend getting Chloe a fishcake and some chips from the local chippy, so I can justify that amount!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty