View Single Post
Old 13th October 2022, 05:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Rage: Carrie 2. 1999.

After the suicide of her only friend, Rachel is reached out by a school football player Jesse who is part of a popular group of people who torment Rachel, unbeknownst to them she has a secret power.

This has some drama like looking back at high school with the popular ones in their little clique groups, some laughs thrown in and like it's predecessor a young girl slowly adjusting to control and possibly understand here telekinetic powers and some romance thrown in.

Amy Irving returns as Sue Snell who survived the original prom party massacre, even though she isn't on screen much you can tell she is tormented about what happened and what she saw. Irving portrayal of the character is decently well done.

Emily Bergl plays the lead Rachel and does a decent job as the near outcasted teen who seems to talk to Eddie Kaye Thomas who comes out with one or two laughs. Jason London plays the footballer who throughout becomes attracted to Rachel. The finale is not as tense but certainly has it's big blood splatter and karma can be a bitch.

I never really cared much for this back when it first came out but after watching it again think this may grow on me.

Carrie_2_poster_6933.jpg

Have a good day all.