View Single Post
Old 13th October 2022, 06:54 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 13

images.jpeg

A grizzly murder is left unsolved in Hong Kong then 8 years later in Macao two kids find a bag filled human body parts washed up on the beach. Inside the bag are the arms of the mother if the owners of a local restaurant The Eight Immortals a restaurant that now has a new owner and the prime suspect when more people from the restaurant start to go missing.

I had heard so many things about this films over the years so it was exciting to finally watch it. At times it does love up to its nasty reputation but other times I found it dragged on a little bit spending too much time on the comedy element of the stupid cops investigating the murders. At times it was funny and I found the captain strolling is with a different beautiful woman on his arm every day funny and the banter with the female cop and her lack sexuality quite funny but their stupidity soon got a little tedious.

When it gets nasty it's a pretty nasty little film it's not often a director has the balls to show kids getting killed let alone brutally murdered which we get here and making it worse was the kids having to watch their mother and father murdered in front of them. An other nasty scene was a pretty brutal rape scene with some chop sticks very grim I must say.

As nasty as Untold Story is at times I was laughing just at how over the top it was and a few times I had to say Jesus Christ out loud at what I was watching.

Anthony Wong is amazing here and totally believable as a complete maniac he just has the look of it :skull