View Single Post
Old 20th October 2022, 09:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 19th

An American Werewolf in London (1981)

I was a bit at odds with myself regarding what to watch last night. Just past the middle of the month and jadedness sets in. It always does on these marathons so i plumped for what i consider the Withnail and I of horror films An American Werewolf in London.

Why Withnail and I? I don't hear you ask. Well i can kinda imagine Richard E Grant and Paul McGann wandering the moors complaining about the weather, their feet being wet and the fact they are on holiday, i mean who the hell goes on a holiday to simply walk? Certainly not Withnail that i can tell you.

Then the greeting they get upon entering the homely pub The Slaughtered Lamb. I can practically see Withnail demanding wine and hot food and not even noticing the pentagram on the wall.

Were i clever enough with editing procedures i'm sure i could place so many scenes from that classic comedy into John Landis classic horror werewolf comedy and i'd have the greatest film of all time. Well. after Casablanca anyway.

Now if Withnail strutted into Rick's Place in Morocco that would be something else wouldn't it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51j8ZLuOjuL._AC_.jpg (24.2 KB, 4 views)