View Single Post
Old 1st November 2022, 09:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 31st. Halloween

Well my October horror marathon came to a lovely end with a Blu-ray double bill of Halloween (1978) and Halloween II (1981). Two films that seemingly seamlessly interlink to give you three hours of 'The Night He Came Home'. Halloween II looks phenomenal in comparison to the Sanctuary dvd i also own.

The final film i watched afterwards was The Werewolf (1956).

A new to me horror / sci-fi film i wanted to watch so i could put my Sam Katzman Arrow box set away.

A film about a man on the run from scientists who have performed radiation experiments on him. He holes up in a small desert town as the authorities close in.

I really enjoyed this. It's more like a classic Universal monster film as in 1941's The Wolf Man than it is a fifties sci-fi film. Proceedings are helped greatly by a very good sympathetic performance from Steven Ritch as the Werewolf and some fine trick photography for the transformation scenes. It's a film that rattles along at a decent pace as it heads towards it's cat and mouse conclusion. To be honest there's nothing especially original on offer here but what there is is certainly a cut above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_werewolf_1956_film_produced_by_sam_katzman.jpg (26.0 KB, 4 views)