View Single Post
Old 18th November 2022, 12:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Walker: Texas Ranger: One Riot, One Ranger

Walker: Texas Ranger has been one of those shows that I've always been curious about and finally started to watch it, now it's being shown on Legend. And by complete luck, it appears that during the 1st Season, I've inadvertently seen 2 of Film Releases. As this during the 90's, I think the distributers released a 2 episode story as a Video Release a la what The X-Files did with their multiple releases.

Anyway, this was the opening 2 episodes of the 1st Season and this introduces us to Walker (Chuck Norris) a Texas Ranger who's investigating audacious Bank Robberies whilst protecting a Rape Victim from her attackers. He is also introduced to his new partner. As this was done in 1993, it's a little dated but it was enjoyable and something you can relax to.

Walker: Texas Ranger: Something In The Shadows

The other release and this time, Walker is trying to stop a ruthless Drug Dealer, who is using one of his Karate Students as a Delivery Boy and abusing his Mother. Entertaining fare, Legend must have shown the edited version because there is no way it's an 18 Certificate.

New Jack City

One of my favorite Films and I've finally upgraded to Blu-Ray and this sees Wesley Snipes become the most feared Drug Dealer and the efforts of Cops to stop him. Fantastic Film with great performances from Snipes, Ice T and Chris Rock. Should have won Oscars.

The Hidden

Another upgrade (Hate the HMV Premium Collection Cover) an under-rated 80's Sci-Fi/Horror which sees an Alien take over human hosts and turns them into ruthless Criminals. Kyle McLaughlan is perfectly cast as the moody Alien Cop.

Ghost

Patrick Swayze is murdered but stays on Earth to protect his Girlfriend, played by Demi Moore. In order to help him, he finally (Humorously) persuades a Psychic (Played brilliantly by Whoopi Goldberg) to assist him. This is a brilliant Film highlighted by Goldberg, who fully deserved her Oscar. I can certainly see why this was such a big hit in 1990, it's a lot of fun and it has it's funny moments as well. Special mention to Tony Goldwyn as well, you certainly believed that he was scared by all the sweating, he was doing.

Class Of 1999

Another unknown 80's gem which sees the then future of 1999 overrun by teen gangs and in order to teach them in Schools, Robot Teachers are used but they were former Army Robots who revert to type. This as an excellent Cast (Which I didn't release until much later on) Again another upgrade to another Film, I enjoyed thoroughly.

I'm guessing when this got it's Video Rental Release back in 89, it appeared in the Magazines that Video Shops had and this would have been on Page 6 as one of those other releases that month but would have been better than some of the bigger releases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtroror.jpg (14.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg wtrsits.jpg (13.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg njc.jpg (14.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg th.jpg (13.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg g.jpg (11.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg co1999.jpg (14.1 KB, 4 views)