View Single Post
Old 11th December 2022, 10:13 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Santa Baby (2006)

Mary Class (Jenny McCarthy) is a successful marketing manager in the city who is also secretly the daughter of Santa Claus. When she gets a call that her father has had a heart attack she returns to the North Pole to help out. However her big city marketing and organizational strategies don't go down well with the Christmas Elves.

I've had this US dvd knocking about for years and never bothered watching it despite the presence of the lovely and outrageously bubble Jenny McCarthy - I used to religiously watch The Big Breakfast whilst she was a presenter as she was always great to get you up in a morning - however i'm pleased i finally got round to it as it was quite enjoyable.

In a way it's Elf (2003) in reverse as Mary screws everything up including her love life at the North Pole whereas Buddy the Elf did the exact same thing but in New York. Santa Baby will never go down as a great Christmas film but this ABC TV movie is certainly charming, very sweet and entertained me no end late last night. In fact for a TV movie it's excellent.

Special mention to Cheers fave George Wendt who makes for a pretty good multi-layered Santa Claus and the Elves who rock out to Slade as they celebrate Santa's sleigh setting off on it's mammoth journey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Santababy.jpg (21.8 KB, 4 views)