View Single Post
Old 19th March 2010, 11:42 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
What do you think about this idea?

Ages ago a member on here posted pictures of spines he had made for some of his dvds and they looked really good.

Sooo, I had a go myself at designing some spines - they're really easy to do.

But if you could (forget how long it will take, how much paper and all of that) would you like to have all your dvds (with a few exceptions like Arrow and Shameless and maybe even Vipco for example) look like this, all uniformed and neat, or is that just a bit too OCD?!

I think they look pretty good especially when you compare it to dvds that have the film's title on the spine in really small or unreadable (from a distance) font. Plus it'll be much easier to organize etc.

What do you think?

Very nice iluv.

Personally I wouldn't want to do this, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to make spines for 1400 titles... But also for the fact that I like to see the uniqueness of my collection as they face spine-ways Plus, knowing what some titles' spines look like helps me to identify the film/edition easier when I'm quickly grabbing a film from the shelf.

That said, I still think it's a good idea, and your mock-ups look very impressive iluv; as it at least gives you a bit of creativity and control over your collection. You could also add a small pic of the cover on the spine, or the logo of the distributor to make it even more recognisable. Great for bland spines, but just not practical in my case!