View Single Post
Old 5th January 2023, 12:44 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The soundtrack is the only good thing about Exorcist II: The Heretic – the film is a complete mess and only watchable if you treat it as a comedy. The scenes with James Earl Jones dressed as a locust are hilarious.
I can't watch The Exorcist as a serious film, it's like, this is a serious film about faith, but it doesn't address anything.

Possession of an innocent without any kind of moral choice is a basic setup that doesn't really address any of the moralistic choices made in any kind of pact with the devil for a start.

Ok i get it's the priests faith, but it just kinda makes them look like extras from Father Ted, idiotic numbnuts.
"I was a priest for 20 years but lately i'm not up to it. "
"So what changed? "
"Dunno just feeling a bit off, maybe the salmon mousse."

In my view the film is a well made ghost train that builds up atmosphere and tension but doesn't address anything.

Also it is ultra serious in intent, but the major pay off scenes are ridiculous, Swearing, ****ing a cross, the head 360 degree turn ( which is my ultimate bug bear, they'd be dead, end of.,) and puke scenes are all totally base and pathetic and are totally in opposition to the main themes of the film.

Also I'm pretty sure Pazuzu is the Aztec version of the "shithead" card game.

At least Exorcist 2 realises it's a mess and runs with it, but then again The Omen series has always been my religious horror film template, and i was always on his side anyway...

Oh no...i've fallen out the window down the stairs again Vic.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 5th January 2023 at 03:10 AM.