View Single Post
Old 14th February 2023, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just been reading the Indicator pages on Blu-ray.com and there's a lot of moaning regarding residue from stickers. For example

Quote:
Just got my Santo set, the adhesive circle sticks like shit to a blanket, I thought it was going to damage the card when removing it. Left a nice sticky residue which I'll need to clean or else it will stick to the next disc on my shelf. If anyone from Powerhoue is reading, please ask the packagers to use less powerful ones. Thanks.
Quote:
Was going to write the same thing earlier about the sticker on The Big Gundown (and the same problem with Remember the Night before that).
Much more difficult to peel them off than it should be, plus the residue to remove. Considering how amazingly the products are packaged when shipped from Lime Wood, it would be a shame one day to have to request a replacement hardbox due to damage from the sticker rather than the shipping.
Quote:
I had a bit of trouble with residue on my Robin Hood at Hammer box, but I rubbed my finger back and forth over it until the gunk basically "bunched up" and came off. Seriously, though, they need to change that sticky tape stuff they're using and do what Second Sight does: no tape or glue dots at all!
What stickers are they on about?

I have Robin Hood at Hammer. There's nothing stuck on it. My Adventures of box set which is still sealed has no stickers.

I'm puzzled.