View Single Post
Old 17th February 2023, 01:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I recently watched the second and third series of Happy Valley, a very astutely written and superbly performed show. I thought the last series was very good and finished perfectly.

I then watched the first series of The Deuce, a terrific piece of TV from some of the people behind The Wire. James Franco is brilliant in two of the main roles, playing twins, as well as being an executive producer and occasionally directing. Maggie Gyllenhaal is also extremely impressive in a very brave role and I'm glad I have second season to watch shortly. It is annoying that there is no Blu-ray release of the third season and it doesn't seem like there will ever be one.

Over the last few days, I watched the first two seasons of The Mandalorian again. When I saw it the first time, I was under the impression that, because of the memes, the Child was baby Yoda, not another character of that species, so the timescale didn't make sense.

Watching it from the beginning with the knowledge of who/what the child is and when the series is set means it made sense to me a lot more and I was able to enjoy and appreciate the storytelling much more.