View Single Post
Old 17th February 2023, 07:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Lighthouse (1999)

The survivors of a prison boat shipwreck think they are saved when they find a small island lighthouse off the Cornish coast. However when they discover a psychotic killer who beheads his victims also got off the stricken boat they are in for a night of terror.

Shot totally at night Lighthouse is really nothing you won't have seen before in films like 1972's Tower of Evil, however it is thoroughly enjoyable and really rather gripping.

There's a nice fog shrouded atmosphere and it's performed by a good cast including James Purefoy, Paul Brooke, Don Warrington, the very creepy Christopher Adamson and the unknown to me but very good Rachel Shelley who as a prison doctor has to put up with a lot of shit.

Simon Hunter's direction is accomplished and there are three terrific suspense sequences among the arterial splatter which had me on the edge of my seat.

Lighthouse is a fine British slasher that has sadly been neglected in the twenty years since it's dvd release and is crying out for HD treatment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k1zxuSo5EhA5aml5lfddwDoy6bc.jpg (87.7 KB, 3 views)