View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2023, 10:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Flatliners. 1990.

Keifer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, William Baldwin, Kevin Bacon and Oliver Platt play the medical students who decide to see whats there in the afterlife. What starts as a manic experiment leads to masculinity with betting each other on who can stay dead the longest and be brought back but inadvertently end up bringing with them a sin of their past. This is the first time watching this in...so many years and forgot how Joel Schumacher managed to create such a dark toned gothic style thriller. You go into the unknown to find answers that you seek and something else comes back to basically haunt or torment you. First time I watched it and never really gave this much thought but now I actually enjoyed it.

Attachment 244874
Nice to read your thoughts on this one MrB. I ge the impression you felt the same as me. I hadn't seen Flatliners in 25 years. I didn't remember it being all that but a rewatch last year completely grabbed me. A dark gothic flavour in places, Schumachers direction and the lovely cinematography was very engaging. There was a stronger horror element than I remembered.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk