View Single Post
Old 1st March 2023, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The House On The Edge Of The Park. 1980.

Somewhat home invasion film done in a way that Ruggero Deodato could come up with in the 80s. David Hess near playing the same chatacter from The Last House On The Left, a brutal unbalanced in life psycho killer who enjoys toying with his victims teaming up with Giovannai Lombardo Radice who does seem to be a bit cuckoo in the head.

Annie Belle (who isn't shy about showing off her body...front and back), Christian Borromeo invite these two hodlums to a party after fixing their car, what starts off friendly becomes a nightmare for their other friends Lorraine De Selle, Marie Claude Joseph and Gabriele Di Giulio but there is other motives why the men were invited to the house party.

I have always had a soft spot for this film it's dark, disturbing, borderline erotic and decently made even though the Mrs said and I tend to agree to disagree (gotta try and keep her happy) that the film is slow but does build up well with the characters. the 88 4K is a decent version of this film released, the picture quality is sharper along with the sound (just a shame about the background score not being the best) but there is the close up of Brigitte Petronio getting sliced that seems to be missing from previous releases.

TheHouseOnTheEdgeOfThePark.jpg