View Single Post
Old 6th March 2023, 08:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Waxwork (1988)

A fun take on the old Mystery of the Wax Museum story, Anthony Hickox's film places the exhibits of David Warner's otherworldly waxwork museum in alternate dimensions that only become apparent when an unwitting victim steps over the boundary cord and onto an exhibit.

To you and me this wouldn't be a problem, but to a group of horror movie college kids this makes for a whole heap of trouble as one by one the idiots, er, students, headed by Gremlins fave Zach Galligan, find themselves in fights of survival against a werewolf, vampires, zombies and others.

Waxwork is an enjoyably gloopy way to showcase students getting torn apart by legendary horror icons. It's fast paced, occasionally delightfully gory and the use of David Warner and Patrick Macnee in the cast inspired, especially Macnee who homages perhaps his most famous non-tv role.

So 80's it hurts, Waxwork is one of those horror films along with the likes of Fright Night and Return of the Living Dead that sum up the decade for the discerning horror fan.
I've never watched this. I've meant to for years. I really should pick some of these Vestron titles up.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk