View Single Post
Old 6th April 2023, 08:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Everything Everywhere All at Once. Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert. 2022.

What the hell was this. I don't even know how to review this madness. Something about Michelle Yeoh and her husband running a Chinese laundry when interdimensional forces do something involving people with hot dogs for fingers, oh and there's a fight with dildos. Just sheer off the charts bonkers and not in a particularly good way. How the hell this won Oscars is beyond me. The Banshees of Inisherin is a far far far superior film. Hell I'd have given the best picture to Cameron's Avatar dross over this.
I watched Everything Everywhere All at Once a couple of weeks ago and thought it was superb, a brilliantly acted and hugely innovative film which was almost a weird cross between Parasite, The Matrix, and Scott Pilgrim Versus the World, only different and unique.

It effortlessly combines absurdist humour, social commentary, philosophical concepts, and exciting action sequences to create something special, a film unlike any other.

I was thoroughly engaged throughout – it made me think and laugh and, when it finished, I wanted to watch it again immediately. That doesn't happen very often.

The Banshees of Inisherin was also brilliant and thought-provoking, but very different in its bleakness – I think both were deserving of acclaim and recognition.