View Single Post
Old 13th April 2023, 04:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Last Shift. 2014.

I'm sure we all know what it feels like to do a last shift someplace, empty building, last minute stuff to be collected at stupid o' clock in the morning and only your imagination to keep you going. Rookie cop Juliana Harkavy has that task of looking after a old police station while everything is being transferred to a new one...sounds a bit like Assault On Precinct 13...suppose you can say she is being seiged...by ghosts from the past.

I went into this and expecting very little but this turned out to be a neatly done atmospheric horror, this at times does rely on the jump scare tactics which can be predictable but not very often. The whole premise is a empty building, hazardous material in a locked room, there is one or two supporting cast members and one creepy looking guy, as the film goes on it does draw in a few things on the plot slowly but does pay off right up to the end.

Attachment 245706
I couldn't get into it my first time watching it maybe it was the hype around it I'm not sure maybe I need to go back in the future and rewatch it to see.