View Single Post
Old 18th April 2023, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Well that was a lot of fun , Renfield has been at his master's side for over a hundred years but when he starts going to a meetings for people in co dependant and abusive relationship and meets a police woman he begining to think it's time for a change and too get away from his master. This was very funny and a lot more gory than I thought it would be. Still not sure about the crime/mob sub plot and Cage could of done with reigning his performance in a little at times , the real star of this is Nicholas Hoult as Renfield who gives a very enjoyable performance which is the hart of the movie.

While nothing spectacular it's not as bad as people think. Johnny Lee Miller plays a antique dealer who finds out his boss is the actual Van Helsing and has been gaurding Dracula's body for nearly 200 years , when body is stolen the good count soon escapes from his imprisonment and seeks revenge . Lot of familiar faces we have Johnny Lee Miller , Christopher Plummer as Van Helsing and Gerald Butler as Dracula in one of his early roles , we also have small roles for 7 of 9 Jerry Ryan and Nathan Fillion . I did like the reval of who Dracula really is.

Now watching

Renfield is my Film Of The Year so far, I respectfully disagree with you about Cage's performance as I felt that he needed to be OTT and I enjoyed the cowardly Mobster, who's Mother is quite fearsome.

I also like that the imposed Cage and Hoult's faces on an old Dracula Film.