View Single Post
Old 21st March 2010, 01:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Yes the horse riding zombie was a bit erm, strange. I think Romero is trying to say that the 'Zombie Problem' has been around for decades in Survival. Which considering that the rest of the Dead films never mention each other, there is no strict timeline of the events. Survival has people with iPhones etc, if the whole world in turmoil because of the undead still coming back to life after 30 years iPhones and such trivial things are the last things to be invented! Seems very odd.
And what does that tell us? I do not agree, Survival is a direct sequel to Diary, you even see the military group in Diary and that clip is repeated and as Diary was a re-start of the zombie thing, I see Survival to be one of the films in the earlier stages of the new plague. So there is a timeline for the new plague...

I also did not get the humans killing each other just for profit, was that the social commentary of Survival? If so, it was weak...

Maybe the clan fight on the island was something about religions and their pointless fight, but focusing more on the pointless than on the fight^^