View Single Post
Old 7th May 2023, 02:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Always enjoy reading your reviews Frankie, but it's particularly nice to read your thoughts on something I've heard of and watched relatively recently. I thoroughly agree with your thoughts on the first film, personally I enjoyed the second almost as much. You mention that it was made simply to give fans of the first one more of the same. That's exactly what I wanted and got so for me it was win win. The third one I wasn't so keen on. That felt like filler trying to take advantage of the early 80s 3-D gimmick. I've only made it up to part IV so far but I look forward to your thoughts on them all.
Thanks for the kind words Mr Harker, your own write-ups have certainly been a pleasure recently. Shame I couldn't get more out of Part 2, but I've never been all that hot on it. As for Part 3, I think we'll diverge again because all those ridiculous excuses for 3D they go for never fail to tickle me - "look, we've stopped the film to do some narratively pointless juggling just cos it might look cool through special glasses" etc - anyway, I'll save all that for tomorrow's installment.