View Single Post
Old 7th May 2023, 09:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Ironheart. Robert Clouse. 1992.

L.A. cop John Keem travels up to Portland when his former partner is murdered. Upon investigating Keem uncovers a missings persons case connected to a black market arms dealer posing as a shipping magnate.

One of the many early 90s martial arts thrillers that seemed to flood the market around that time, this is a lower tier actioner starring Britton K.Lee, an actor I've never heard of as L.A. cop and convenient martial arts expert John Keem. The film is marketed off the back of Bolo Yueng's name, being he's a far better known martial arts star. Whether this one ever saw a cinema release I don't know but it does have the somewhat underplayed merit of being helmed by Enter the Dragon director Robert Clouse. In fact it appears to have been his last film before his death.
I rather enjoyed this admittedly easy watch. The second half does become more amateurish and absurd but by then I was invested enough not to care. Clouse cleverly makes all his villains sneering pantomime ultra evil types so the one dimensional John Keem automatically becomes a more likeable lead.
It's a great shame 101's blu ray features such an awful audio presentation with dreadful background hiss all the way through.
Still an entertaining enough watch for when you just fancy some simple early 90s kickarsery.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Yes I remember these type of films from the early 90s, released by VPD and Imperial. Found some of them more enjoyable than the big blockbusters of the day