View Single Post
Old 9th May 2023, 10:18 PM
Cult Addict

The Intruder. Deon Tayler. 2019.
Successful young couple Scott and Annie decide to get out of the crime ridden city to raise a family. They buy a gorgeous country home in the Napa Valley from charismatic man's man Charlie Peck (Tuck Pendleton). Things go bump in the night.
Basically, The Intruder is a home invasion film, reminiscent of those 90s thrillers that seemed to be all over the place in....well...the 90s. It shares the aesthetic of say Pacific Heights or The Hand that Rock the Cradle, that sort of thing. Which means it's decent entertainment if never particularly groundbreaking. There's no real twist here and I imagine anyone who's seen a film will work out the basics of what's going on here. I was going to be more explicit but I just can't bring myself to include spoilers.
The point is Tuck Pendleton aka Dennis Quaid plays his part to perfection, and this is what almost single handedly carries this film. Dennis Quaids amazing larger than life grin (deserves it own credit in my opinion, always has), in an interesting against type casting choice. Simulateously very charming and ultra threatening while blasting a deer with a shotgun as Scott and Annie pull into his drive for a house viewing that surely shouldn't have caught him off guard.
Decent but nothing exceptional.

Last edited by J Harker; 9th May 2023 at 10:39 PM.