View Single Post
Old 14th May 2023, 11:39 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (1986)

Well, Frankie, because of your wonderful review i watched it again. My personal favourite and once more i had a great time returning to Forest green.

The most entertaining film in the long running series in which not a single scene is wasted. The story begins straight from the off with Jason's resurrection and it never slows until the closing credits as the corpses build up throughout as masked killer Jason Vorhees makes his way back to Camp Crystal Lake (renamed Forest green you know, so everyone would forget a maniacal killer returning every few years) with inventive blood thirsty flair.

The plot is further up the evolutionary scale from simply killing teens at a summer camp, there's an actual story with real characters and yet there's also a kill scene every five minutes or so i'd guess. Thom Matthews and Jennifer Cooke make for an appealing double act you can get behind, Cooke in particular is a great heroine, the kind of girl you know you'd have a great time with and get into a spot of trouble along the way.

There's some clever editing taking place throughout as scenes seamlessly blend into one another. Take the drunk old timer who digs graves. His scene ends with him quizzically asking "Do you think i'm a jackass? To which a group of kids in the next scene all cheer "Yes". Simple quirks that set this apart from the usual slasher dreck. Then said drunk lovingly gazes at his empty bottle of whisky proclaiming "You'll be the death of me" before Jason crushes it and sticks it in his neck.

Throw in a couple of classic eighties Alice Cooper songs and a Bond inspired start to the opening titles and you have the perfect Friday the 13th film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jason-lives-friday-the-13th-part-vi-1986-poster.jpg (95.7 KB, 2 views)