Thread: EXTREME METAL
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2023, 04:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
All those gigs look like insanity I never go into a pit myself but the energy is amazing when people are going crazy that's what I want at a gig everyone watches through a phone now. Those gigs were full of danger not just physical danger but just that atmosphere you just don't get it anymore sadly I was too young to go to gigs in the 80s but there are many tales about them people just went wild here because it was so hard and rare to get these bands over to play. Alan from Primordial has a great YouTube channel and podcast were he tells some great stories about crazy gigs here and abroad you should give it a look. Alan Averil is the name of the channel I love the guy he is just a metal fan who happens to be in an amazing band if you get what I mean. Plus he is a little pig headed when it comes to metal like me so thats even better for me
One of my fave pit experiences was at Donington. A few of us went and one guy not really into metal went for the experience.

There was a massive pit during Fear Factory's set supposrting Demanufacture. We all went for it and then the sound cut out so we moved out of the pit except new guy, he loved it so much he stayed till the end. We thought he'd get slayed but he bloody loved it.

That was some day Fear Factory, Paradise Lost, Biohazard, Type O' Negative and Sepultura.

Ozzy was second billed with Kiss headlining.

here's Fear Factory chatting nicely with Vanessa and then on stage.