View Single Post
Old 29th May 2023, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another wonderful Ealing comedy , this time the small village of Titfield sets out to save it's trainline , they have too contended with many mishaps and the owner of a bus company in a rival village who sees this as a golden opportunity. Simply wonderful .

Just like twins Arnie shows he has a knack for comedy. Here he plays a tough cop who ends up going undercover in a kindergarten to find the wife of a dangerous criminal he's trying to put away. A tough as he may be these little tykes are more terrifying than any criminal . A classic .

Probably my favourite Price movie which is really unofficial third Dr Phibes, here he plays a actor who seeks revenge on a bunch of critics who mocked and belittled him, using the Bards tales too dispatch them.

Well this was better than I though it would be , a woman in a Jewish village summons/ makes a Golem to protect the village but it looks like it could be a greater evil than what it was made to protect from. Part horror folkstory and story dealing with grief of losing a child.

Simply wonderful , a wonderful uplifting , funny and heartwarming tale as we follow a young bear with a disturbing marmalade habit whom comes to London moves in with the browns and gets in to all sorts of misadventures. I can't believe that anyone could dislike this movie.

The rare film which the sequel is better than the original , Paddington ends up behind bars when he is trying to find a present for his great aunt's 100 birthday . The Browns and old and new friends set out to help a prove our heros innocence. Once another uplifting and heartwarming film. Will they be able to continue there streak when the third comes out.

Now watching