View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2010, 01:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

After a few nights sleep, I cannot really say that the film leaves any positive memory, a shameful thing, really. Add to that that the UK BD release was a film only quick off-the-wrist job does not make it any better, will I be forced to buy a better version of it one day? Being the Romero fanatic I am? I fear I will

With all fairness to those who enjoyed the film (feel my jealousy ), but this catastrophe was easily visible in the title, the more I think about the title, the more I dislike it, as it looks like a bland joke (dead vs. life - hrr hrr, Butthead!) and it shows after all the different titles (of which Island... fits best I think) that George might not have had this idea of the struggling for the Zombie's survival in the beginning. I am puzzled what he might have had in mind, maybe there are interviews I am not aware of, if you know of any, please post a link or something...

Let me stress just one more time that I think the film is by far not the worst zombie films of them all, but by far the worst and most pointless Romero zombie film... It may be unfair to say, but if any of the directors that brought us even worse (e.g. the Day remake!) had put out Survival as it is, it might not have been slammed this much, but who knows what would have happened if...