View Single Post
Old 10th June 2023, 09:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wanted. 2008.

James McAvoy plays the geeky office accountant, bullied by a female boss while his girlfriend is humping his so called best friend and soon recruited to join a shadowy organisation to be a assassin. Angelina Jolie, Marc Warren train him up to be tough and also to control his emotions by Morgan Freeman. This film never really appealed to me to go out and watch. Director Timur Bekmambetov is a unique movie maker with good visual command of cinematography in Night and Day watch movies and able to create good visual effects in this.

Morgan Freeman has always been great on screen and bring each character out strong with his way of including some light and dark humour. Angelina Jolie is a actress I'm not a big fan off and does tend to over act this or it's the way her character has been written to be. James McAvoy does steal the limelight a bit and knows when to tone things down, he does stand up to his boss which some of us wish we can do and finds another good use for his computer's keyboard. I'm still in two minds to re-watch this again at some point or not, time will tell.

d1DrjJzBv1VqgmG3v1Ivp5YUVpi.jpg