View Single Post
Old 25th July 2023, 05:30 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Do Not Profane the Sleep of the Dead (1974)

I absolutely love Jorge Grau's zombie shocker which is also known as The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue and Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. I've watched the dvd countless times over the years and would pick up a UK Blu-ray in a flash.

However watching it once again last night there are some wildly inaccurate inconsistencies mainly to do with the location of the film.

The film is set at Windermere in the Lake District in the far north west of England.

It begins with Ray Lovelock needing a new wheel for his motorbike. The garage owner says it's not a problem but it will take a couple of days because he'll need to get one from Glasgow. Glasgow? As in Glasgow in Scotland? Why not Carlisle for Gods sake? You know that city just at the top of the Lake District. Obviously much easier to get one sent from a city 150 miles away.

Why not get the wheel from Manchester which is apparently the nearest place to Windermere. Well i suppose it is if you forget about Carlisle, Morecambe, Lancaster, Preston or any other town or city between Manchester and the bloody Lakes.

Then there's the final scene in which somehow the zombie Lovelock manages to get back to Arthur Kennedy's hotel first despite Kennedy driving there. It's done for effect i realise as a shock ending but it really doesn't work if you even remotely think about it.

These badly thought out sequences don't detract from what is an excellent atmospheric chiller and a standout in the zombie genre.
Over the year's you have done many many brilliant reviews but you have out done yourself with this one I love it

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 25th July 2023 at 08:14 PM.