View Single Post
Old 26th July 2023, 01:07 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

images.jpg

Two couples head out to swim a reef off the coast of Australia on a sort of trip of rediscovery as one of the couples has a bit of a checkered past and haven't been on touch for sometime but the feelings are still there but both seem afraid of their emotions. After a bit of underwater sight seeing they return to their boat only for his to hit another reef and flip upside down forcing them to decide if they should swim for the nearest island or wait it out and hope to be rescued before the boat sinks. The boats captain is having none of it as a fisherman he knows exactly what is lurking under the waves so he is staying put. After much discussion and persuading the two couples head out this one trip that may bring them even closer or literally rip them apart.

Honestly one of the most realistic shark films I have ever seen. The whole thing is actually terrifying just watching them look out over the vast endless looking horizon not knowing if anything is under them stalking waiting for it's chance is extremely unnerving. With one member of the group having goggles on he is the one tasked with looking under to see what's going on and even when there is nothing there you like them can see things moving in the darkness . The way the shark is shot is amazing this is real shark action it's not some big fake CGI mess. The shark attacks are also very realistic it's not a shark swallowing people whole it's a shark acting like a shark and killing people the way a shark kills its prey and itsvery very effective.

The acting is brilliant also there reactions are exactly what you would expect in that llreal life situation sheer terror and shock not just screaming their heads off everything just feels genuine and that adds to the horror of the film too. No one is over doing it no one is trying to be the hero just real raw emotions.

I would say this is a must see I was on edge every moment of the film it has to be one of the scariest situations you can put yourself in.

Cheers Dem for your review the other day bringing this to my attention.